The Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, Poland is looking for two full-time Postdoctoral Associates. The Postdoctoral Associates will be part of an interdisciplinary team of researchers led by Prof. Carsten Carlberg with the goal to investigate the effect of vitamin D and other nutritional compounds on changes of the epigenome and transcriptome of tissues and cell types of healthy and (pre)diseased individuals.
Professor Carlberg has expertise, projects and interests in gene regulation, epigenetics and vitamin D in the context of nutrigenomics, immunology and cancer.
The individuals hired will be primarily responsible for bioinformatic analysis and integration of multi-omics datasets, such as generated by RNA-seq, ATAC-seq and ChIPmentation. Wet-lab experience in performing these assays would be an important add-on.
The overall mission of the IARFR PAS is to conduct the world class research dedicated to understand and improve the natural environment’s impact on human’s quality of life and animal wellbeing. The Institute is committed to provide exceptional and innovative research aligned with regional and national needs. The institute has 23 research groups with a research staff of 144. Read more about IARFR PAS.
Call (part) identifier:
H2020-WIDESPREAD-2018-2020-6 (Horizon 2020)
„Centre of excellence in nutrigenomics to optimize health and well-being”
Poland, Olsztyn, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences (IAR&FR PAS) https://pan.olsztyn.pl/en
Negotiable (position opened)
minimum 2700 € gross per month
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The candidate’s qualifications and experience:
A PhD degree in:
- Computer Science with some knowledge in bioscience
- Biosciences (Biology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology) with Bioinformatics/ Statistics and/or Computer Sciences
Knowledge in molecular biology methods, in particularly RNA-seq, ATAC-seq and/or ChIP-seq
Track record of publications
- High motivation to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills for effective interaction with the multidisciplinary cohort of researchers
- Proactive, motivated, showing initiative to move projects forward
- Good work organization
- Independently design and conduct high-quality research experiments under the supervisor’s guidance
- Analyze data, create high quality figures and draft manuscripts for publication
- Fluency in English in speaking and writing
- Good writing and presentation skills
cover letter describing how they fit the position and their scientific interests and philosophy
- Education history;
- Details on the PhD thesis (title, name of the supervisor, institution awarding the title, date of issuing the diploma);
- Scientific record (scientific articles, conference presentations, book chapters, monographs, books, etc.);
- Awards and other achievements (scholarships, internships, training schools, participation in research projects, etc.);
- Competences (computer and wet-lab skills, trainings, practices etc.);
- Three recommendation letters with contact information to referees
- Application documents should be sent to e-mail address: email@example.com
- Kindly note that only online applications will be accepted.
- Applicants will receive timely communication from the recruitment office to inform them on their status in the recruitment process.
IARFR PAS is located in Olsztyn – the capital and the largest city of the Warmia and Mazury province in the North-Eastern Poland, with population of approx.175,000 people. Olsztyn’s greatest allure lies in its unique location as it is surrounded by forests and lakes. Olsztyn is a recognized academic centre of the region. City is located 90 min drive from Gdańsk and 150 min drive from Warsaw.
To learn more about Olsztyn and Warmia and Mazury district, please visit:
Please include the following statement in your application documentation (CV preferably):
„I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data included in the application documentation by the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, Tuwima 10, 10-748 Olsztyn, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process”.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn. Full information available here.