The Director of the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences (IARFR PAS) announces an open competition for a full-time position of the ERA Chair holder under the EC call for proposals H2020-WIDESPREAD-2018-2020-06
Project title: “Welcoming ERA Chair holder to the Centre of excellence in nutrigenomics to optimize health and well-being”.
We are looking for a dynamic scientist to establish an interdisciplinary research group, combining experiment and theory, located at Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences (IARFR PAS), Olsztyn, 10 Tuwima St, Poland; web page: http://www.pan.olsztyn.pl/en
The ERA Chair holder will be expected to conduct CUTTING-EDGE OMICS-BASED RESEARCH IN THE AREA OF HEALTH AND WELL-BEING, with commercialization and patentability potential.
- Career Stage: Experienced Researcher
- Research Profile: Leading Researcher (R3/R4)
- Gross monthly salary: 8 000 €
- Length of the contract: 63 months with the option to extent after the lifespan of the ERA Chair project,
- Job status: Full-time
- The start date: The start date is negotiable, however the position is open immediately.
The main responsibilities:
- initiation and preparation of national and international ambitious grant applications;
- development of the interdisciplinary strategy to fully capitalize on Institute’s new premises (construction to be completed in 2023);
- teaching and mentoring of master’s and doctoral students within the schemes of Innovative Doctoral Training and Raising Leaders School;
- leadership and career development of staff members;
- organization (with the support of IARFR Staff) of scientific conference and open seminars;
- development of research contacts internationally;
- developing contacts with industry and leading development projects;
- communication and dissemination activities;
- International experience in basic research;
- Strong EU/international network;
- Track record of successful extramural funding/grant support is mandatory;
- The ability to communicate with other scientists at the interface between theoretical and experimental research will play a key role;
- Organizational skills and experience in managing projects are essential;
- Fluency in English is required.
- The ERA Chair holder will be free to choose her/his team composition and specify requirements towards her/his employees;
- The team built by the ERA Chair holder is planned to be composed of 2 post-doc, 3 Ph.D. students and 1 technician;
- The team formed by the ERA Chair holder will undergo equal rights and obligations as the other staff of the Institute;
- The ERA Chair holder will be given a full autonomy in research directions and will have an opportunity for extension of choosing the members of his/her research team by up to 2 Institute current employees (only if accepted by the ERA Chair holder).
The city of Olsztyn and surrounding area